I am super excited to share with you all this amazing new store, Lulamae Boutique, owned by one of TBS’s lovely readers, Tamara Veltre. This is Tamara’s FOURTH Lulamae store - pretty impressive for a small independent fashion label huh?!
“The store’s design concept is based on the magical world of theatre, where the customer literally steps ‘back stage’ for her costume change and then leaves the store transformed.
The fitout was designed by award winning architects, Breathe Architecture, who curated the space with a palette of fabric, rope, recycled timbers and digitally printed plywood.
The ‘audience’ as they walk into the store and onto the stage, past a backdrop of velvet curtains, past the mannequins at stage left and stage right, past the wooded field with the mountains and romantic village in the distance can’t help but be connected to that fairytale nostalgia that touches all our hearts.”
Wow. It really is like stepping into a fairytale. Melbournites, go check it out!
Level 2 Shop 241 Melbourne Central, Melbourne, Vic 3000
Words from the Queen of Style (yikes I’ll be hiding a few things if she ever comes to my house!)…
JENNA LYONS: INTERIOR OBSESSIONS
The J.Crew Creative Director Shares With NOWNESS her Love of Twombly, Adnet and Mouille
A Few Things She Could Do Without
Jenna Lyons Hates…
- TV stands. There is nothing worse to me than a TV stand. I have huge issues with them.
- When furniture is pushed up all against the wall. It drives me crazy. Get things out into the middle of the room. Play with placement.
- When people don’t have art. Find art. Don’t buy posters and frame them.
- Shiny floors. Unless it’s a black shiny floor.
- Bad hardware. I couldn’t afford the hardware I wanted from E.R. Butler, so I put ribbons through the holes in the doors and used it as a pull.
- Ugly light switches.
- Cheap windows. That is not a decorating thing, but a symptom of poor building.
- Toilet paper holders. I have a huge issue with toilet paper holders. I think they are all really awful.
- Thermostats. I only like the Honeywell round circular dial ones. I don’t want one of those big digital things on the wall.
Jenna Lyons Loves…
- Garbage disposals. They are my favorite appliance.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE
The Beautiful Soup is a collection of all the pretty places you would rather be.